Translate

Friday 7 March 2014

How could I nearly forget 'Pirates on Penzance Prom'

Not sure how I had neglected to compute the significance of the Pirates on the Prom event with regard to the campsite, within those little grey cells of my brain, but I nearly had. So, huge thankyou to Paula for bringing it to my attention. For all those, who like me, have not been paying enough attention......... here is the link http://www.piratesontheprom.co.uk
The good news for would-be pirates who are also would-be campers, is that Ash Farm Campsite will now be open from 23rd May.
Having had a pirate style panto this year with our amateur dramatic group at Rosudgeon, we kept hold of some swords and headscarves to use with our own pirate costumes in May.
In 2011, pirates were the theme not only for the world record attempt on the Prom, but also for Marazion Carnival.
The carnival weather was hot and sunny. Perhaps this is a good omen for 2014. Hot and sunny, I'll vote for that!
Indeed, I might have to bring out the 2011 costume - not so very different from what I wear on a daily basis really!
Looking forward to meeting all our pirating campers this whitsun.

No comments:

Post a Comment