Translate

Saturday 26 January 2019

Mushrooms and Funghi

I know this is a bit out of season, but I have a bit of a thing about mushrooms and funghi.
I love spotting them and photographing them and for anyone who has camped with us in July and August as the field and horse mushrooms start popping up all over the place on the campsite and in the paddocks of the smallholding, you will know I often 'tout my wares' as I walk through the campsite with a basket of mushrooms!
There is nothing like cooking and eating foraged edible funghi.
Well, this winter I took a little trip across the water to Germany and Holland and found some delightful members of the fungus family, some of which did get cooked.
Here are a selection of photos of them. Unfortunately I do not know the names of all of them and only one is edible as far as I know, but they are such wondrous species, that I have to share.

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment